Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day One, It Begins






Ok, here is what I am trying to accomplish: In 1998 and 2003, I design and painted some Celtic inspired Mandalas. They were 27" x 27" in the shape of a diamond, and I liked them a lot. They can be seen on my website. Unfortunately, they were partially destroyed in a flood we had at our apartment in 2008, and I was distraught at their loss. I considered them some of my best work. I have decided to recreate them, and add the third piece to complete the series as originally intended.
The originals were on 4-ply illustration board, painted in acrylic. For this new series, I have chosen to paint them on 24" x 24" canvas board. They will need some revision to accomodate the smaller size, so the new designs, while based on older pieces, will be different, and therefore, new works.
I bought the canvases yesterday, and started working on them today. The pictures above show my progress today.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very challenging. Im glad you decided to re-create these wonderful piece's. Cant wait to see the completed works. Keep up the great work, love your stuff.

    Your friend,
    brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of progress being made. Looking really nice. Hope your hangin in there on the personal side of things. Prayers are with you bro.
    -----
    brian

    ReplyDelete